Saturday, November 12, 2011

Angels Shining Bright


Whatever fire was in me, was for them to see,
I was a slave for my thoughts, they set me free,

When I lost the battle to the world, and was alone,
They loved me; they pampered their way through my solace,
When I declared myself the cruel king on the ego throne,
they hated me; they slapped the reality on my face,

Whatever fire was in me, with air, they let that flame wrestle,
for my friends were the soul for this otherwise empty breathing castle."

Dark times, when mirror denied me of identity, but illusion,
They became my identity amongst the shadows of the world,
They give the reason for my sanity, and the cause to my existence,
They are the colors in my clothing, and the shine in my pearls,

Whatever fire was in me, they gave it the reason to ignite,
And when the demons crept in, they were the angels shining bright.

No comments: